Tuesday, August 11, 2015

P-Day Fun in July

July 28th, 2015


Dear Elder Bailey, 

So we got a couple of pictures from Sister Clawson last week.  You were with an Elder Bambo.  Is he a new companion or were you on splits?  Anyway, it is always so good to get pictures!!!!!!!




Speaking of pictures, here is one that I think you might enjoy.  I noticed on Facebook that Jeremy Harvey was traveling back out to BYU-I and had a picture taken of this sign on   I-70 just as you leave Baltimore.
Terminus of I-70 outside of Baltimore

Notice the Terminus at the other end of I-70.  It is Cove Fort way out in Utah.  Do you remember going there once when you were little?  We got those Pioneer yo-yo's on a string there.  That sign has always cracked me up.  I-70 only goes between Baltimore and Cove Fort.  Such a funny sign.

Dad has been such a hiker lately.  Last week he climbed Lone Peak.  This week he and Bob hiked to the top of Timpanogos.  Your Dad really does not like heights and dead off places.  I am not sure he will do that hike again.  The view is great, but the scary steep slopes are not so great.  I agree.  I climbed it once, and once is enough for me!

Today is Abigail's 8th birthday.  Her baptism is next Saturday.  It would be nice if you told me something that I could write in a card to give her from you about how proud you are of her decision to be baptized or something to that effect.  She would like that very much.

We had a couple of family parties at our house last week.  My brother Bill was out visiting from South Carolina.  He wanted to cook Grandpa Tom some steaks, so we all got together at our house and enjoyed a steak dinner while visiting with him.  Then on Friday, Chase had never experienced a "Bailey Pizza Party" so we hosted one.  It turned out rather fun with kids playing basketball and riding their scooters all over the place.  We even made dessert pizzas and then sang Happy Birthday to Abigail.  It is so fun seeing little Leo and Zak trying to "one up" each other.  Leo has learned to crawl and walk in the last month.  Not to be outdone, Zak watches Leo and squirms out of his parent's arms to try crawling and walking.  Zak has really got a competitive streak!  It won't be long for him to catch up with Leo, even though Leo is four months older!

I have been thinking of you a lot this week.  I am preparing for another Summer Theater Camp in the backyard that starts tomorrow.  We are doing "Momotaro."  Still have the recordings you made of the songs you sang and I also have the costumes you wore.  Cannot believe that the time has flown by so fast.  Wish me luck with the 27 kids I have yet to meet.

I finally bought the flags you requested, but I wondered if you knew your address so that I could send them directly to you and not to the Mission Office.  Just let me know where to send them.

Stay hydrated!!!!  I love hearing about the little miracles you have on your mission. We are so pleased with the wonderful missionary you are and the wonderful reports we get about you.

Love you so much!

Mom

From Elder Bailey:

Tell Abigail to "walk in the newness of life" and that she is awesome.

P-Day Fun on Bubble Seat
I was on exchanges with Elder Bambo.  Elder Bowman and I got to take the Stake President out teaching with us.  We taught Wendy an “eternal investigator” whose son got baptized 4 years ago.  That was an awesome lesson.  She wants to be baptized but is waiting for her husband.  We taught about eternal families and sang "Families Can Be Together Forever."  We focused on the Atonement in the family.  Hopefully we can get her baptized.  This week was really slow but hopefully this next week will be better.  

Brother Taylor will be in Provo on Saturday and wants to come by and try a brick oven pizza.  Also, if you could send down my long silver barbell with the spiny clips on the ends with him that would be awesome.  If he can’t, that's cool.  This morning we played “knocker soccer,” but we thought it would be more fun to just charge each other playing sharks and minnows and last man standing.  

P-Day Fun with Zone



No comments:

Post a Comment