Sunday, July 27, 2014

Friday, July 18th, 2014 Last P-Day in the MTC


Thanks for sending all the cookies but PLEASE STOP!

They both played in the 2013 State High School Football Championship Game.  Timpview won.

 I HAVE COOKIES FOR DAYS AND AM SO SICK OF COOKIES.  I'm just giving them away now.  My companion is Elder Charlie Brewer, he’s from Salt Lake and played football for East High, which is really funny and we had a good laugh for a few days.  I am running into so many people I know and even a cousin of the Lunt family. (I think he’s going Cambodian speaking)  It was so cool to get a picture with him.  I don’t have the picture, but he is sending it to his family.  



Tell Bonnie I met an Elder Bailey from Japan and he speaks very little English, but he’s going to California.  We are not doing the call center at all because we have NO FREE TIME AT ALL, except P-Day, and Ian Frandsen was the only person to write me last P-day so I just slept.  We all are having trouble sleeping and are waking up in the middle of the night at the same time, and we work and learn long and hard.  There are 2 other elders in our room: Elder Shivley (shy-v-lee) and Elder Conover.  Shivley is from Salmon, Idaho and played football.  He is almost a year older than all of us.  In fact, I am the 2nd youngest in the district.  My comp is a month older, Elder Shivley also worked for a year before coming on the mish.  

"If you look closely out the window over my shoulder you can see almost see my house."

Elder Conover has the strongest testimony and most powerful conversion story I have ever heard.  He used to live in California and was in a gang called Fontana.  Since he was 12, he sold drugs, beat people up, was caught in a couple shootouts with other gangs (he has a hat that a bullet went though that he was wearing).  He was in a really bad spot until he was 16 and his brother who got baptized a year earlier came out and saw what he was doing and said "you’re coming with me to Logan."  And so he moved there and made some good friends and one invited him and another guy to church and he was baptized like 4 weeks later.  But its so amazing what the atonement can do for people.  He really regrets a lot of the things he did but he doesn’t feel quite as bad now that he has repented and changed.  It’s kinda scary that the gang he was in knows where he is and what he’s doing, but they are ok with him being a missionary and have told him that they don’t need his help at the moment and he can just do his own thing.  He said they will only ask for his help if there’s a big gang war or something (his words) but he doesn’t want to help them cuz he has separated himself from them.  He really worries about his family in the gangs and especially for his mother who is always off doing drugs and we gave him a blessing.   But in that blessing it said to not worry, she will be safe.  I just think its so amazing he joined the church and is here on a mission. I know that he will be able to convert even the hardest of hearts. I kinda laugh at the way he walks sometimes cuz you can tell he is used to wearing low riders and it just makes me laugh, but he’s a great guy.

 Love, Elder B


No comments:

Post a Comment