Monday, September 22, 2014

Spectacular Bicycle Crashes


       
Gilbert Arizona Temple

           This week has been crazy.  Gilbert didn't really get real rain, but we did the other week.  It was really fun because we got to ride our bikes through the flooded parks on the way home.  One was deeper than we thought and our feet were going under the water.  I don't know why, but I keep crashing on my bike in funny ways and I always go over the handlebars.  The last time I crashed was on Thursday or Friday when we were out past curfew.  We were about to go home when we decided to help a nonmember family move into their house.  As we were leaving, one said, “Ride safe!” and I responded, “I will,” and 2 seconds later I crashed.  I was carrying an extra bag of stuff.  The extra bag I had got sucked into my front wheel.  At this point they couldn't see me because I was on the other side of the moving truck.  All they could hear was “OH CRAP!!!” (insert crash sound here) Elder Ramon and I had a good laugh.

          We were both sick this week on Thursday and Friday where we had a stomach thing.  We never found out what it was.  For me it started with stomach pains in the middle of the night and I had a headache all day.  That day we had interviews with President Natresse.  He is a really awesome man. We got home from that at 2 and I slept in my suit because I was so tired.  I woke up at 7:00 pm, ate dinner that some members brought over and crashed again. The next day, Elder Ramon had the same thing.  It stunk, but we got out at the end of the day.  On Wednesday, we had a traveling AP come with us all day.  After doing a service project digging mud out of the basement of some members in our zone, we gave a blessing to a little girl.  That’s probably how we got sick, but we feel better now.

           I don't have much time, but I want to tell you about my area real quick.  I cover 2 wards and they are called the Chaparral and the Cooley Station Wards.  They are in a nice neighborhood.  Half of Chaparral is rich large houses. Both wards have half of the Mesa ASU Campus, so we are over there a lot.  It’s old military housing. It is a half hour bike ride over there.

          ---Elder B.
Mesa ASU Poly-Technical Campus

No comments:

Post a Comment