Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Nice to Get Added Information from Arizona Spies

Dear Elder Bailey,

Hope your week went well.  That is exciting that your investigator is looking forward to baptism.  Hope things work out for her and that her father's heart is softened.

We watched the opening game for BYU -- all of its ups and downs and bad injuries and wondered if BYU had any chance at all.  Poor Taysom Hill literally gave his all to the game.  He suffered an injury to his foot in the first half that no one knew would be as bad as it was.  Anyway, it came down to literally the last second and a "Hail Mary" throw to the end zone.  That 6'6" receiver jumped up and caught it right at the end zone line but miraculously came down just inside the end zone.  What a rush for BYU fans.  What a let down for the Nebraska fans.  They had been winning until that last second.  And then, came the realization that Taysom Hill would be out for the season and possibly end his football career.  Bitter sweet.

On another note, Britton Covey did well playing for Utah in their opening game.  He got some some good play time and furthered the Utes on to their win against Michigan (I think).  Pretty good for a freshman.

Your birthday is coming up and I would like to send you a package.  Do you need anything new -- socks, garments, white shirts, slacks, shoes, exercise shorts, T-shirts, gift cards for lunch at Subway?  If you need clothes, please send me your sizes.  If you need anything else, please let me know!!!!!  I will also need to know where to send the package.  Do you think you will still be in your same address in two weeks?

Y Mountain at Sunrise




Thought you might like this photo Chase shot of sunrise coming up over Y mountain.  I love how the white Y shows up against the dark mountain.  Pretty cool, huh!!  And those clouds are gorgeous!  Have a great week.


Love, Mom






From Elder Bailey,   


I am making T-shirts for my Zone and the silk screen will be coming soon. We set up weekly splits with Ward Missionaries and that was fun.  We got a lot of work done.  We have some people that we are trying to teach that want to give us skateboards, so we will get those this week.  We didn't get to meet with the girl we put on date last week but hopefully she comes to church this week.  A girl I helped reactivate just put in her mission papers this past week and I’m so excited, and so proud of her.  I don't know what I want for my birthday, maybe bike pedals.  But you would need to get with Matt on that because I would want BMX pedals because those are the toughest and nicest (or just what I like).  If I’m going to replace parts it might as well be an upgrade. 

          
Working on T-Shirts?
At FHE with Marble Family.
















This next email is from Sister Kamberlynne Washburn via her mother Catherine Washburn.  So nice to have information from spies:

My Arizona spy sent great info this week! !! Here you go!!!


“We also had a long choir practice this week. It was an eternity long. I was in charge of putting together a musical number, and I am playing the piano for it. Guess who I asked to sing with the group! ELDER BAILEY! Yep, he is awesome! I finally got to talk to him, and he is SUCH a good elder. I wish that we were serving in the same area! He is funny and righteous. Also a good singer so that made a difference. Especially when he learned both the bass and tenor parts in like fifteen minutes! HALLELUJAH! He's cool.”

No comments:

Post a Comment