Monday, August 18, 2014

Ah, the Twinkie Stash Drawer

A picture really can speak a thousand words.  Elder Bailey sent some interesting pictures along with his email last week.  He showed us glimpses into their study time and free time.  The most interesting picture, I thought, was the Twinkie and Hostess Cupcake stash drawer.  Apparently, rewards are taken to help get the Elders through the morning study time.  If it works, it's all good.



It is so wonderful to see my missionary studying intently.  That's just what a mother needs to see for reassurance.  I also liked seeing that his desk is orderly and he has some family pictures mounted just above his study area for encouragement.  I noticed one of a pretty sister Missionary up there for encouragement, as well.  I hope it is for encouragement and not distraction.



Highlights from the week August 11th:


          We got an investigator on date! And I am so happy! But so many people are out of work here.  It’s kinda sad to see a lot of people be less active because they are working on Sunday or whenever they can.  It’s so hard for them. 

          We got to go to a root beer tasting activity for the Elders Quorum on Thursday and 3 of our investigators and a couple less actives showed up too!  But nobody showed up to church.  It is so sad.

          We had exchanges on Wednesday and it was awesome because I was matched up with Elder Steers who is basically the best parts of me, Michael and Mathew put all in one.  It was fun.  He's into military stuff and is going to be a police officer.  He knows all these military tactics and was doing this Boy Scout type thing (forgot what it is called) with the police that I actually thought about doing.  He is dyslexic and knows how to take things apart and put them back together and do crazy stuff with it.  I can only take things apart and put them back together.  He also does BMX and stuff and on our way to a less actives' house he "made" or "found" a down hill track.  I wiped out.   It was so funny.  I wiped out cuz my center of gravity is so high.  My bike is so tall and all the reflectors are keeping me from lowering my seat and stuff.  It was so fun.  We were just riding our bikes around Little Mexico all day.  I really need a pocketknife.  I feel so unprepared and I have to use other elders’ knifes all the time.  I really will if I’m sent to a biking area.  As we were riding we found a pile of discarded watermelons on the side of the road.  We cut them all open and only one was ripe and it was really little, but it was a nice treat on a hot day.  So I’m probably going to pick one up here to use.  

          This week has had its ups and downs.



No comments:

Post a Comment